How To Find An Up-To-Date Management Dissertation Topic
Your dissertation is the first independent contribution that you make to your field. In a management course, you would usually need to hand in this project by the end of your first semester. The subject you choose will reflect your take on an issue concerning your field.
A good topic is critical in a thesis and thus frustrating enough to decide upon. It needs to be up-to-date and focused on current issues of management. Teachers also expect your dissertation to be novel, i.e., original and as most scholars will tell you, it should be competently executed. You can pay for dissertation, but the choice of the topic depends on you. Students usually opt for one of the following types of dissertation topics:
- Organizational Behavior
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Culture
Finding an up-to-date management topic to write on
There is always something new going on in every corner of the business world. Here’s how you can land an up-to-date and significant point for your dissertation:
- Read the newspaper - This is the simplest thing you can do. Pick up the newspaper and browse through the business section. It’s much better obviously if you are subscribed to a business newspaper. Many more options to pick from
- Speak to your tutor - Your professor is probably a bit more up-to-date than you are. If you rather not pick up the newspaper, pay your teacher a visit. They will be able to guide you and help select a good dissertation subject.
- Play to your interests - Whether you read a newspaper or a business journal or seek help from your professor, you should play to your strengths. Do not simply choose an option that your teacher finds interesting.
- Attend a seminar - You are more likely to spend hours and hours listening to other people speak and give presentations on subjects that you are interested in and which are about a subject concerning current issues.
- Social media - If you are feeling lazy, social media is your best bet. You can use Google Trends or see the trending news in social media on a real time basis.
- Significance - A good dissertation point is one which is significant in the current scenario. If you think about a subject which was relevant about three or four decades back, you are wasting your time. To be more precise, avoid points which are taken for granted in the everyday life.